Chocolate Chip Matcha Cookies (GF + Vegan)
Okay, prepare yourself. We're about to introduce you to the most delicious cookie you've ever tasted!
These cookies are vegan and gluten-free, and full of antioxidants and vitamins from the matcha! Plus, they're pretty. #winner
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (sub regular flour if you love gluten!)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 medium ripe banana (mashed)
- 3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp flax seeds (mixed well)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Cozy As F*ck Metta Matcha
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (sub regular oats if gluten is your bestie)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Pre-heat your oven to 325F.
Coat a large baking sheet with oil, or add to it a non-stick baking sheet. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the matcha, oats, and chocolate chips.
It will likely look like you need to add more liquid. You do not. Keep mixing until incorporated.
Using a small sifter, sift in the matcha powder.
Then, add in the oats and chocolate chips. Mix again. Use your muscles! ;)
Form mixture into 12 balls, then press down on each so they are somewhat flat, as they do not expand much while in the oven.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the top.
Let sit for about 15 minutes before eating. (We know it will be hard, but it's so worth it!)
Make sure to share your cookie creations with us on Instagram! Tag us at @mettateaco and use our hashtag #mettamatcha for your chance to win $50 credit at our shop! We pick a new winner every month!