Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
The perfect cookies to add to your holiday spread this year!
Matcha sugar cookies:
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/3 cup flour (we used all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp Cozy As F*ck Metta Matcha
- 1/2 tbsp non-dairy milk (we used cashew)
Matcha cookie glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp Cozy As F*ck Metta Matcha (depending on how green you want your icing to be!)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk (we used cashew)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Add butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add applesauce and incorporate into the mixture.
- Using a sifter, sift in the following ingredients, 1 at a time, mixing well between each addition: flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, matcha.
- Form mixture into a large ball and divide in two.
- Sprinkle some extra flour on a clean counter or table top and roll out one ball. Flatten it until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for the other ball.
- 9. Bake for 8-9 minutes in pre-heated oven.
- 10. Allow to cool completely.
- 11. While cookies are cooling, make the cookie glaze by mixing together powdered sugar, non-dairy milk and sifted matcha powder. Add more milk for a thinner consistency or more icing sugar for a thicker consistency.
- 12. Once cookies have cooled, dip them (halfway or all the way) in the cookie glaze and allow to harden slightly (we put them in the fridge to accelerate the process). Sift on powdered sugar, too, if desired.
Make sure to share your cookie creations with us on Instagram! Tag us at @mettateaco and use our hashtag #mettamatcha for your chance to win $50 credit at our shop! We pick a new winner every month!