Vegan Matcha Doughnuts
I made matcha doughnuts and they were gone (a dozen of 'em) in less than 48 hours. That's a sign of a good doughnut, right? ;)
We all LOVED how quickly and easily they came together and how deliciously sweet they tasted. A yummy addition to your morning, any day of the week!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cozy As F*ck Metta Matcha
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (we used cashew)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp Cozy As F*ck Metta Matcha (depending on how green you want your icing to be!)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk (we used cashew)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease doughnut pan(s) with coconut oil (or other oil) and set aside while you make the doughnuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, making sure to SIFT IN THE MATCHA POWDER at the end. (Very important, to avoid matcha powder clumps in your doughnuts.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. (It will be very thick.)
- Spoon the mixture into the doughnut spaces on doughnut pan(s); do this for all 12 doughnuts.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the tops of doughnuts spring back a bit when you lightly press on them.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, mix together the matcha icing ingredients. Once doughnuts are FULLY cooled, remove them from the pan(s) and spread the icing on top (or dip the doughnuts into the icing directly. Allow to set (about 15 minutes).
Make sure to share your cookie creations with us on Instagram! Tag us at @mettateaco and use our hashtag #mettamatcha for your chance to win $50 credit at our shop! We pick a new winner every month!